Thursday, January 30, 2014

Grace for your spirit January 31, 2014

Grace for your spirit
The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.     I John 4:8

When we know God, we know love.  When we know love, we know God.  Oftentimes in scripture, we can exchange the word love with God, and it doesn't change the meaning at all.  Note the famous love chapter of I Corinthians 13, exchanging love with God.
If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have God, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries, and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have God, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have God, it profits me nothing.  We will never reach the pinnacle of love without God.

No comments: