Monday, January 13, 2014

Grace for your spirit January 13, 2014

Grace for your spirit
Go, assemble all the Jews who are found in Susa, and fast for me; do not eat or drink for three days, night or day.  I and my maidens also will fast in the same way.  And thus I will go in to the king, which is not according to the law; and if I perish, I perish.  Esther 4:16

This was the bind Esther found herself in.  She was a Jew living in the kingdom of Media and Persia and was the wife of the king. An edict had been issued to kill all the Jews in the world, and no one could stop it except her.  It was risky.  She could be killed if she went to the king without an invitation, and she could be killed if she didn't go.  Mordecai counselled her to be bold and do what was right.  Respecting the word of Mordecai and trusting in the Lord, Esther approached the king and successfully saved the Jews of the world.  We have an opportunity to help the lost of our world. Will we be bold and do what is right?  Let's ask the church to pray for us and encourage us to go

No comments: