Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Grace for your spirit. April 19, 2012

Grace for your spirit
Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble; II Peter 1:10

Whenever I stumble and fall, it is not a happy time. When I start down, I am little more than a physics experiment of mass, speed, and collision. I usually recount my last few steps to determine how it all happened. The same is true with a spiritual fall. This verse calls for us to look back at our last few steps to practice the right things, so we won't stumble again. God calls us to add to our faith, virtue,knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness, and love. To keep increasing these so we may not be short-sighted and blind on our path. Let's take special note of this fall. We might stumble again, but let's not let it happen in the same place.

No comments: