Thursday, February 10, 2011

Grace for your spirit February 10, 2011

Grace for your spirit
The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. Matthew 6:22-23

I wear a hard contact on one eye to help me read small print. For many months my ability to see has diminished. I figured my old age eyes were getting weak, and i resisted going to the eye doctor to hear the bad news. When I finally went, I found out that my cleaner wasn't working, and the contact was gradually getting covered with gunk. A thorough cleaning changed everything. I can see and my life is much more enjoyable. There is a spiritual lesson here. Our spiritual eyes sometimes become gradually covered with gunk. We don't like the way we see things, but we figure this is the new normal for us. We resist help, and suffer in silence. Let's not live on in darkness, when we can easily walk in the light. Let's share our darkness with God and those who can help. Life can be much brighter.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit
Philippians 4:23
graceforyourspirit.blogspot.com

No comments: