Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Grace for your spirit February 23, 2010

Grace for your spirit
Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me--to keep me from exalting myself! II Corinthians 12:7
What was this "thorn in the flesh" that was given to Paul to torment him? Was it a weakness, an insult, distress, persecution, difficulty, of what? Whatever it was, Paul prayed that God would remove it from him, but God has a different answer. Instead of removing the thorn, God told him He would use it to perfect His power for the work ahead. Further, the grace that God would give him, would be enough. I'm glad the scripture doesn't tell us exactly what the thorn was for Paul. If it did, I wouldn't be able to apply it to my thorn. We all have a thorn in the flesh, and God's power is sufficient to overcome it. Whatever mine is, God is more. With this in mind, whatever shortcomings I have, I can be confident that He will use them to complete my ministry for Him, and that is enough.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit
Philippians 4:23
graceforyourspirit.blogspot.com

No comments: