Monday, January 5, 2009

Grace for your spirit January 5, 2008

Now Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, "Oh that You would bless me indeed and enlarge my border, and that Your hand might be with me, and that You would keep me from harm that it may not pain me!" And God granted him what he requested. II Chron 4:10

This verse has become part of my morning devotional everyday. I can really identify with Jabez. All I really know about him is that he was a "shirttail relative" in the family of Judah. He was too insignificant to detail, but not too little for God to notice. All we know is that he was a pain, and God answered his prayers. Most of the time I feel rather insignificant and more often I am a pain. It comforts me to know that God is listening to me. Let it comfort all of us too.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit
Philippians 4:23

No comments: