Monday, December 30, 2013

Grace for your spirit December 31. 2014

Grace for your spirit
Consecrate  yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you.  Joshua 3:5

After 40  years in the wilderness, it was time to cross over Jordan and into the promised land.  Some were worried, some fearful, perhaps some angry.  What they needed was a combination of trust and dedication to the Lord's leading.  That pretty much describes many of us as well.  We sing a hymn about such trust and dedication, called, "I know who holds tomorrow".  The chorus ends with the words, "Many things about tomorrow I don't seem to understand, but I know who holds tomorrow, and I know who holds my hand."  As we look at this near year coming, may we consecrate ourselves, and praise the Lord for the wonders He will do among us.   Happy New Year to you all.

No comments: