Thursday, December 26, 2013

Grace for your spirit December 26, 2013

Grace for your spirit
But Ruth said, "Do not  urge me to leave you or turn back from following you; for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge.  Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God.  Ruth 1:16

Things had not always been well for Naomi.  She was forced from her homeland by famine, her husband and two sons died, and left her two foreign daughter-in-laws.  As she prepared to go home to Judah, we discover what she did retain.  Her respect for God was implanted in her daughter-in-law Ruth.  Ruth's respect for Naomi and Naomi's God, made her determined to follow and not turn back.  Their sadness turned to joy when Ruth had a child that would begin the family of King David.  Respect was the bridge to joy.  Let's respect God and those around us.  It will be repaid with joy.

No comments: