Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Grace for your spirit September 5, 2013

Grace for your spirit
Thus I considered all my activities which my hands had done and the labor which I had exerted, and behold all was vanity and striving after wind and there was no profit under the sun.  Ecclesiastes  2:11

King Solomon sought satisfaction in everything.  He tried pleasure, wine, work, buildings, parks, slaves, flocks, herds, gold, entertainers, concubines, and hundreds of wives.  His conclusion: He could find no satisfaction in anything of the world.  In 1965,  the Rolling Stones struck gold with the song,"I Can't Get No Satisfaction". It was a picture of discontent in a world with everything to offer.  If we would google "No satisfaction", would our face appear there?  All continuing satisfaction is in the Holy One of God. Everything else will eventually fade away.  He abides forever with great satisfaction.

No comments: