Monday, May 28, 2012

Grace for your spirit. May 29, 2012

Grace for your spirit
Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to buffet me--to keep me from exalting myself II Corinthians 12:7

The Apostle Paul had so many wonderful things revealed to him, he might have become boastful about who he was and what he accomplished. To balance that possibility of arrogance, he had a problem. We don't know what it was, but it certainly bothered him, and he kept asking for God to take it away. God used that thorn in the flesh to make him powerful in so many other areas. He told Paul that his power would be perfected in his weaknesses. Often we may have troubles that seem to slow us down in our service to the Lord. Let's remember that God can use our shortcomings to display His power. Some people may think they don't have any thorns in the flesh and they can do everything on their own. Their arrogance is usually a thorn to everyone else. Let's learn to balance our thorns with His power.

No comments: