Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Grace for your spirit. May 2, 2012

Grace for your spirit
Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will lift you up. James 4:10

Earlier in this passage we are told that God is opposed to the proud, but give grace to the humble. The admonition is for us to draw near to the mighty God, and will humble our spirit. The Bible tells us that Moses was the most humble man on the face of the earth. Can you imagine him saying, "Boy, I sure am humble today. I wish all my friends could see me now." Or him saying, "I sure have become humble. I should get some kind of reward." If we want the grace of God to abound in our lives, and enjoy the blessing of being exalted by Him, then we will seek to be last, and let Him make us first. When we get too far away from God, often He can begin to look smaller, and we can think we are the important ones. Let's stay close to God. The short and long term benefits are wonderful.

No comments: