Thursday, May 24, 2012

Grace for your spirit. May 25, 2012

Grace for your spirit
Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing....Philippians 4:5-6

Do we want to be free from anxiety, fighting, and have peace? Four little words will help us with our challenge. "The Lord Is near." When we keep the Lord near to us, we will not need to have bold displays of strength, and we can be gentle to all. We won't have to be afraid, anxious, or worried, because with the prayer of thanksgiving, we can give our troubles to God. Remembering that the Lord is near will give us the walk of peace in every dark valley. As a kid, I had a big street tough cousin in Chicago. There was no dark alley that scared me when I was with him. Without him, I stayed inside. Our God is greater. "Yea though I walk through the valley and shadow of death, I will fear no evil for Thou art with me." I shall not want. Hallelujah!

No comments: