Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Grace for your spirit November 9, 2011

Grace for your spirit
Abraham said, "Because I thought, surely there is no fear of God in this place, and they will kill me because of my wife. Besides, she actually is my sister, the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother, and she became my wife. Genesis 20:11-13

More than once when Abraham travelled in a foreign place, he was afraid they would kill him for his wife. After all, he perceived them as ungodly people. Rather than trusting the Lord, he trusted in a lie. A half lie about a half wife. This tradition of lying would spread through many generations. Who was it that didn't fear God? Whenever we lie, cheat, steal, or gamble, inside those decisions there is a statement about our faith in God. We really don't think He will provide and protect, so we have to cut corners. If it could happen to the "Father of the faithful", it can happen to us too. Let's trust the Lord

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit
Philippians 4:23
graceforyourspirit.blogspot.com

No comments: