Friday, November 18, 2011

Grace for your spirit November 18, 2011

Grace for your spirit
This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far away from me. Matthew 15:8

The self appointed religious leaders of the day focused on their heritage, and their practices, but seldom did they focus on who they really were. Many a relationship falls apart when we focus on what we did or said once, focus on what we are doing, and never come to grips about where our heart is. A man may say to his wife, "I said I loved you once. If I change my mind I will let you know." "I come home every day don't I?" But through it all, the true love has gone, and the marriage falls apart. Lip service without the heart is destructive. The same things happened to the Jews of Jesus' time. If we aren't careful, it can happen to us as well. Let's make a commitment to love with all our heart, soul, strength, and mind.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit
Philippians 4:23
graceforyourspirit.blogspot.com

No comments: