Monday, October 31, 2011

Grace for your spirit October 31, 2011

Grace for your spirit
Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; And see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way. Psalm 139:23-24

Suppose someone gave us a jigsaw puzzle in a plastic bag. They just dumped a 1,000 pieces on the table and wanted us to put it together. Where would we start? Well, I would want the box to see the picture I would be working on. That is true with life as well. Life is a bunch of pieces that we need to fit together in the right way for success. If we don't have a picture, it is hard to know which piece goes where. The devil will even slip in a couple of pieces that don't belong. God gives us that perspective in His Word. He has the vision, called Omnipresence, to show us where we came from, where we are, and where we should be going. Let's communicate with Him in Word and prayer. He has the picture we need to put the pieces together.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit
Philippians 4:23

No comments: