Monday, October 12, 2009

Grace for your spirit October 12, 2009

Grace for your spirit

Now behold, the LORD has let me live, just as He spoke, these forty-five years, from the time that the LORD spoke this word to Moses, when Israel walked in the wilderness; And now behold, I am eighty-five years old today. I am still as strong today as I was in the day Moses sent me; as my strength was then, so my strength is now, for war and for going out and coming in. Joshua 14:10-11

What is the age of retirement for the work of the Lord? Should be put the “gray heads” out to pasture, or rely on their wisdom and strength? Here two old warriors, Joshua and Caleb are talking. They are only two men left who came out of Egypt. Today is Caleb’s birthday, and he is 85. He still has the strength to go to war, and the strong mind to come in for counsel. He is ready for the land promised him.. That land will be the land of Judah, and the land of Jesus. He is ready to claim it. Are we ready to gather our strength to claim our land for Jesus, or looking for retirement?

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit

Philippians 4:23


No comments: