Monday, November 24, 2008

Grace for your spirit November 24, 2008

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:34-35

Just after Judas Iscariot had left the supper to betray Jesus. Right before the apostles would hide and scatter in the garden. The day before Jesus would suffer and die at the hand of the Romans, Jesus gave them the command they would need the most in the coming days. In the days to come when they would have good reason to be angry and show bitterness toward everyone, Jesus said, "Love one another, like I have loved you." "Let the world know you are My disciples with the love that you have for each other." Good direction for us in our difficult days too.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit
Philippians 4:23

No comments: