Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Grace for your spirit March 10, 2015

 Grace for your spirit
I will lead the blind by a way they do not know, in paths they do not know I will guide them.  I will make darkness into light before them, and rugged places into plains.  These are the things I will do, and I will not leave them undone.  Isaiah 42:16

The fulfillment of this prophecy would come about in Jesus.  The children of Israel were stumbling in the darkness trying to follow God, tripping along on rugged legalistic terrain.  Jesus would be the light of the world and cut a path to God, if they would accept it.  If we think we are doing fine struggling in darkness on rugged terrain, we might not accept God's gracious gift.  Think about it.  Why would God give us such a wonderful gift if we didn't really need it.  If we will start seeing things from God's view instead of ours, we will know we need the presence of Jesus all the time.

No comments: