Monday, May 12, 2014

Grace for your spirit May 13, 2014

Grace for your spirit
Ruth said, "Do not urge me to leave you or turn back from following you; for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God.  Ruth 1:16

This verse is often used in weddings to proclaim commitment, but for Ruth it was much, much, more than that.  Ruth was a foreign Moabite widow, being led into a strange land.  It was her proclamation of faith in God, and her mother in law.  Every decision she made from that point forward, reflected this profession of faith.  Her life was blessed, and led her to her new husband, and a glorious future.  This verse needs to be in our hearts, long before we make major decisions.  Let's commit to put our Master and our mission first, and let Him work out the details.

No comments: