Thursday, July 4, 2013

Grace for your spirit July 5, 2013

Grace for your spirit
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and sustain me with a willing spirit.  Psalm 51:12

When we are carried away by the things of the world, we all could use a little encouragement on the way back to where we belong.  Encouragement will help restore us, and sustain us.  Recently some health issues have kept me away from the YMCA.  When we get off our regular exercise routine, it is hard to get back.  The other day I came to the church building and found a large piece of poster board with a sign taped to the door.  In large red letters basically the sign carried the message, "Come back. We miss you."
I knew immediately that the message was from my friend Kevin, who is on the custodial staff, and it moved me.  I can't wait to get well and get back now.  Applying this to our spiritual outreach, imagine the impact we can have those who need restored and sustained in the church. Let's go the extra mile to encourage and sustain those who need it.

No comments: