Monday, April 8, 2013

Grace for your spirit April 9, 2013

Grace for your spirit
But if I say, "I will not remember Him or speak anymore in His name," then in my heart it becomes like a burning fire shut up in my bones; and I am weary of holding it in, and I cannot endure it.  Jeremiah 20:9

Jeremiah the prophet had a big problem.  He trying to save Jerusalem but everyone thought he was crazy.  He was mocked and had become a laughingstock among his people.  Most people would have just quit, but the message was so important that when he didn't speak it became like a burning fire shut up in his bones and he had to let it out.  Now we may be familiar with heartburn from spicy food, or a heart on fire in love with our sweetie, but this kind of burning motivates us to proclaim the good news of salvation in Christ.  When that good news takes over a person, one can't help but spread the news.  I wish for a burning in us all.

No comments: