Friday, April 23, 2010

Grace for your spirit April 23, 2010

Grace for your spirit
Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11

The next time we are reading the New Testament, notice how many times we see the words, "one another". The focus of Christ's church is "one another". Love, greet, encourage, admonish, forgive, be kind, honor, prefer, receive, salute, stimulate,and be of the same mind to one another. The list goes on and on. Activities of the church are not just about me. They should be focused on me helping others. Too many of us ask, "what do I like", or what's in it for me"? We should be asking, "how can I help others, or what's in it for them"? Some things like Bible classes, evening worship, pitch in dinners, serving the weak, and reaching the lost, may not be for us. Let's look at those things again. Is there anyone we can help if we make the effort for them?

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit
Philippians 4:23
graceforyourspirit.blogspot.com

No comments: