Thursday, April 15, 2010

Grace for your spirit April 15, 2010

Grace for your spirit
For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

For the past sixty years, the song, "I want money", has been recorded in almost every genre. Maybe you've heard it somewhere. It goes like this:
The best things in life are free, but you can keep 'em for the birds and bees. Now give me money.
Your lovin' give me such a thrill, but your lovin' don't pay my bills. I want money.
Money don't get everything it's true. What it don't get I cannot use. I want money
Money, money, money, gimme money, that's what I want.
That kind of focus on money can be very destructive. Most everything we do in life is about being successful and having more money. No wonder our spiritual lives are filled with ruin and destruction. We can make a living with money, but we make a life with God.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit
Philippians 4:23
graceforyourspirit.blogspot.com

No comments: