Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Grace for your spirit May25, 2009

Grace for your spirit

Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness II Corinthians 12:8-9

The Apostle Paul had thorn in the flesh. A messenger of Satan sent to buffet him. Paul really wanted to get rid of this encumbrance so he prayed, prayed and prayed for it to leave, but it would not. What would be our advice to Paul? You need more faith, you need to work a little harder, you need to go to church more often? Here was God’s answer. I will give you the grace to live with this thorn and I will give you power to perfect your ministry even with this weakness. The victory for Paul would not be instantaneous. God would give him his victory in his service. What thorn in the flesh do we have today? If God is not going to remove it, let Him use it to give us power to overcome and enjoy victory.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit

Philippians 4:23

No comments: