Thursday, January 24, 2008

Grace for your spirit Jan 24, 2008

Grace for your spirit
No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing, but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. John 15:15
Abraham was called a friend of God, and God spoke to Moses as a friend speaks with a friend. These were unusual relationships under the Old Law. Followers of God in the Old Testament were more like slaves that friends. They were given commands to follow, and the glory was behind the veil. Jesus came to die on the cross for our sins, to remove the veil, and reconcile us as friends, not slaves. We become His friend by loving Him, and following His commandments, with continuing commitment and communication. How are we doing with our friend? When we sing "What a friend we have in Jesus", are we proud or a little ashamed?

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spiritPhilippians 4:23

No comments: