Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Grace for your spirit 4-25-18

Grace for your spirit
The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collection.  Luke 18:11

Do our prayers sound like that?  "Or, Lord help to consider people's feelings, even if they are dumb. Or, Father help me take responsibility for my own actions, even though they're usually not my fault.  Lord, keep me open to other people's ideas, wrong though they may be.  God give me patience, and I mean right now.  God help me take things more seriously, especially having a good time."  These words don't draw us nearer to God or anyone else.  Let's learn to humble ourselves before God and others asking for His grace and mercy to do our best.

No comments: