Monday, October 31, 2016

Grace for your spirit 10-31-16

Grace for your spirit
Here I am; bear witness against me before the Lord and His anointed.  Whose ox have I taken, or whose donkey have I taken, or whom have I defrauded? Whom have I oppressed, or from whose hand  have I taken a bribe to blind the eyes with it?  I will restore it to you.  I Samuel 12:3

Samuel was a righteous judge of Israel, but the people wanted a king. He was willing to stand before Israel and ask if anyone had a bad word to say about him.  No one could and no one did.  Their rebellion was against God, not Samuel. As I witness the current "mudslinging" in our elections, wouldn't it be great if any one of them could really stand before us with "clean hands?"  This is where our rebellion against God has led us.  Lord help us to a revival.

No comments: