Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Grace for your spirit April 7, 2015

Grace for your spirit
The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.  Luke 18:11-12

A humble tax collector was standing there close enough to hear this Pharisee.   He could have prayed, "Lord, I thank You that I am not like that guy." Instead he humbly asked for God's mercy.  Perhaps OUR first thought it to criticize and run down the Pharisee for his lousy attitude. When we do, we may become just like that Pharisee.  Surprise!  His shortcoming is also OUR shortcoming.  Let's be careful when we criticize,  We run the risk of becoming just like them.  Better we should turn to God, and say, "Be merciful to me, a sinner

No comments: