Monday, November 18, 2013

Grace for your spirit November 19, 2013

Grace for your spirit
And there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.  Ephesians 5:4

 When Jesus is in our heart, there should be change of heart, change of mind, and change of speech. New man, new mouth. When someone wants to tell me a joke, I always say, "Good, I am looking for a good story for my sermon on Sunday."  If it isn't fit to preach it in church services, I don't want it in my brain at all."  Why can the vilest person know what kind of humor is inappropriate, but the church member does not?  Most will decline to tell me the joke, and I'm glad.  I certainly don't want to hear it from church members.  Let's be discerning about our speech

No comments: