Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Grace for your spirit June 5, 2013

Grace for your spirit
Do not bother me, the door has already been shut and my children and I are in bed; I cannot get up and give you anything.  I tell you,even though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will get up and give him as much as he needs.  Luke 11:7-8

Jesus uses this" neighbor illustration" to show us how much we should ask, seek, and knock when petitioning God in prayer. This neighbor is snuggled in at midnight and has no intention of giving help for friend or neighbor, but because of persistence he gets up and helps.  God does not slumber or sleep, and He is ready and willing to answer our call at anytime.  Let's ask, seek, and knock.  As we wait, let's keep it up.  God loves that in  us.

No comments: