Monday, February 6, 2012

Grace for your spirit. February 7, 2012

Grace for your spirit
Now behold the Lord has let me live, just as He spoke, these forty-five years, from the time that the Lord spoke this word to Moses, when Israel walked in the wilderness; and now behold, I am eighty-five years old today. I am still as strong today as I was in the days Moses sent me; as my strength was then, so my strength is now, for war and for going out and coming in. Joshua 14:10-11

This is a conversation between the only two people who left Egypt and crossed over into the promised land. Caleb is speaking to Joshua, about their forty give years as fellow servants. For forty five years, under the most difficult circumstances, Caleb had been faithful, focused, determined, and willing to play second fiddle to Joshua. At 85, he still could go out to war and come in to counsel with the same strength. Do you remember 45 years ago? Whatever milestone we are reaching, it is good to evaluate our faithfulness, focus and determination. In many ways I am not as good at 65 that I was at 25, but I hope and pray that in some ways I might be better. We may not have everything we want, but let's not be discouraged playing second fiddle. Unless someone plays it, there can be no harmony. I am thankful the Lord has let me live and minister these forty years. I am sixty-five today and still kicking. Praise the Lord.

No comments: