Monday, June 14, 2010

Grace for your spirit June 11, 2010

Grace for your spirit

What is the outcome then? I will pray with the spirit and I will pray with the mind also; I will sing with the spirit and I will sing with the mind also.Otherwise if you bless in the spirit only, how will the one who fills the place of the ungifted say the "Amen" at your giving of thanks, since he does not know what you are saying? I Corinthians 14:15-16

The direction here is to pray and sing in such a way that everyone will be uplifted by the giving of praise and thanks. If we are communicating to God in a language that fills all of us with praise and understanding, we can agree with it, and give a hearty "Amen". An "Amen" at the end of our songs, and prayers, assures me that we are really connecting with the spirit and mind. It gives me a good feeling that others are connecting with the praise and prayer. Silence does little to edify me. If fact, I wonder if we are really on on the same page. To singers, prayers, and preachers, an "Amen" is like saying "sic em" to a dog. May we have a revival of mind and spirit in our gatherings.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit

Philippians 4:23

graceforyourspirit.blogspot.com

No comments: