Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Grace for your spirit September 3, 2008

Can I not, O house of Israel, deal with you as this potter does?" declares the LORD. "Behold, like the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel. Jeremiah 18:6

Have you ever watched a potter working the clay at his wheel? He makes whatever he chooses, first one thing then another. We are clay in the hands of the Master potter, that is God. If we yield to His hand, He will make us an honorable vessel. If we resist, He can toss our lump aside. Does the pot yell back at the potter for the way he is made? Sometimes we do, but that is useless yelling. If we want to made into someone worthy of glory, let’s just start yielding our clay to the Master’s hand. As the song goes, "Have thine own way Lord. Have thine own way. Thou art the potter, I am the clay. Mold me and make me after thy will. While I am waiting, yielded and still."

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit
Philippians 4:23

No comments: